5.12.2008

Made for Mom

I made something completely NEW the other day. Im very very very excited about it! I made it just for my mother, a new project JUST FOR FUN. Sometimes in the business of making things for other people all the time, I forget that making things came about because it was fun, not business. Its good to be reminded of that.

I was brainstorming about what to make my mom for Mother's Day. I decided on a tree, for all the symbolic reasons that I mentioned in her card (big points!). Shes really an incredible giver, and goes through a LOT of laundry detergent and groceries now that I live near her. Really, theres a million reasons why she is better than any mom in the world.
Thank you mom!
Heres the fused glass tree that I made for her, and added some copper wire to hang in a window or on a wall. I had never done this in my kiln before- a sculpture of sorts. I had only stuck to jewelry components, pendants and earrings and such. I plan on making more of these and with other nature themes. I am so happy with the results, I cant wait to have more fun!


2 comments:

Kilkennycat said...

What a beautiful tree!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is gorgeous and fun!