3.18.2009

In the studio

What am I up to?




I've got another prototype for my blue butterfly wing pendants. It's a highly requested color in this shape/size. I've been meaning to work harder at getting this one into it's final stages for a while, but the truth is, my other orders have been keeping me really busy. So I'm thankful for that, but I always like to get new things rolling.

Here's what I made tonight with a few mishaps along the way. This one is a little rough and tumble, but its my first one! It's the blue morpho butterfly wing under glass, set into sterling silver. I made one prior to this that crackled and chipped all over. I think the glass was too snug. I used a glass grinder and a few tools for this so I thought you'd like to see!



This is my new super smooth bit. Oh how I love thee. This grinder is great too, it was my mothers when she did stained glass when I was just a kid. It has really lasted!
*****
Soooo, on another note, I've got one of my fused glass jewelry pieces in a FREE Giveaway at the Etsy Glass Artist blog. Just click the photo below to get there. All you have to do to enter is leave a comment in that blog post, (and join the mailing list while youre at it, so we can send you info on other freebies and EGA sales).
Each month there will be a freebie drawing over there, just for fun,
so feel free to become a blog follower to stay updated.

1 comment:

pohoda00 said...

I love the tree idea! What a conversation starter! Great work Popko!