10.19.2009

Going once..going twice...three times..SOLD to the HIGHEST BIDDER!!

The Easthampton Bearfest charity auction was a total SUCCESS!
Thursday was an amazing day for my bear (and me of course), with my bear being auctioned off for the HIGHEST BID of the evening.
$5,050.00!
Holy Toledo! Exclamation point!!


Its true, though I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. Its such an honor to know that someone valued both the Easthampton City Arts and my artwork together to make such a great contribution to the program. Thank you!

Here's a video of the actual auctioning of MY bear. It was thrilling, the auctioneer was the real deal, and really knew how to read people and make it a fun event.



video footage by Patrick Brough

You can see me at the very end in red (maybe the 2:20 mark) jumping up and cheering. I feel like I was actually doing high kicks and cartwheels at the time, but when I look at the footage, I don't see the marching band that I thought had paraded through at the time. Funny, eh? All of the artists get a portion of the final bidding price, which is definately cause to jump up and down.

Heres a fantastic article that was published by Patrick for masslive news on Friday. You can even see a huge ol' photo of me posing with my bear for the last time. Bittersweet. It was a great challenge for me with an incredible outcome.

This weekend I celebrated with a gorgeous autumn hike on Skinner Mountain in Amherst, MA.


Im a big fan of the self-timer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.