10.29.2009

Quick look: Leaves Leaves Leaves!

photo above taken at the 'dinosaur footprints' in holyoke/ wave o'saurus (a kayaking playspot on the CT river)

Its the peak of autumn around here and I cant help but post a few more amazing leafy photos. I sold out of my newest leaf necklaces already, after being featured on the Etsy front page.
(Thank You!) I think I'm on a roll now!

photo above, Japanese maple in full color in front of my house,
below, collected fallen leaves, ready to be dried


I'm happy I've been out hiking and collecting and preserving leaves for the past four weeks. I realize that as the leaves change, I can get entirely new colors on one kind of tree to make more necklaces. I think these are going to go like hot cakes at my next show in two weeks. My newest necklaces will have pinks, reds, yellows, orange, brown and green.

Three new swans have taken to my front yard, a little pond. How long will they hang around? They are so massive, I thought they were swimming next to baby ducks but it turns out they were adult ducks, dwarfed by these massive birds. Silly me.
-----------------------------------------------
That's my quick look today, back into the studio to prepare for my big show.
Get ready its a good one... TWIST!

If you want to have fun, head here:

"Twist is a fresh kind of fair, showcasing original handmade goods and art from 60 talented vendors. Save the dates for an exciting feast of shopping and fun!"

Location
Northampton Center for the Arts
17 New South Street
Northampton, MA USA

Dates
November 13 - 14, 2009

Hours
Fri 6 - 9 pm, Sat 10 am - 6 pm

No comments: